As your Farmshelf produces 16 pounds of leafy greens, herbs and edible flowers each month, you’re also making a meaningful difference to your environmental footprint.
As you grow the freshest, most delicious produce, every month you are also:
- Saving water — Farmshelf reduces the water footprint of your food by more than 430 gallons. This is 90% less water than conventional farming.
- Limiting food waste — You’re diverting about 10 pounds of food waste from the landfill.
- Avoiding plastic — You harvest what you need when you need it, eliminating store packaging and saving up to 95 oz of plastic clamshells and 75 single-use bags.
- Restoring land — Growing at home releases thousands of acres for reforestation and land reclamation.
- Cutting emissions — Your monthly food-related CO2 emissions shrink by 51%.
Happy Earth Day, this Friday and every day, from all of us at Farmshelf.